Change in UK Student Visa Policy: 2 Year Stay-Back Period
Starting from 2021, international students can avail the privilege of a 2 year stay-back period after completing their Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree in the UK. This recent amendment in the visa norm introduced by the new Prime Minister Boris Johnson, is expected to boost the number of student enrolments to the UK.
This is certainly great news for students aspiring to study abroad as this country is home to some of the top-rated universities in the world. A longer stay-back period will help students in securing a promising career in their respective fields and to even procure a permanent UK citizenship in future.
With the 2-year extended stay back period in place, the UK is preparing to witness a tremendous inflow of students from across the world, making it a much-sought-after destination for higher education. The change has been announced with an aim to boost the appeal of Britain as a preferred overseas academic destination for students.
Currently, international students are permitted to reside in the UK only for up to 4 months after completing their studies. This was a rule that was introduced by Theresa May when she was the Home Secretary. Many universities in the UK have welcomed the new change in policy as they felt that the reduced stay back period had a severe impact on the number of student enrolments.
The UK had always held a special appeal to students from around the world owing to many factors like premium quality of education, superior lifestyle, beautiful landscapes, multicultural environment, and many more.
Here are a few more reasons that make the UK a much-preferred academic destination in the world:
- Universities in the UK offer superior quality education. With most colleges appearing on top positions in world ranking lists, one can be assured to study in the best educational institutions in the world.
- Courses offered in the UK are often shorter than courses offered in other countries which helps in reducing the overall cost of the education here. The students can avail 1-year World Recognised Masters / M.Sc./ PG programs.
- Degrees and certifications obtained from recognised educational institutions in the UK are highly valued by employers from around the world.
- One can choose from over 50,000 courses in more than 25 categories, thus offering diverse choices for students who wish to study in the UK.
- The country is a promising destination for research students as universities in the UK boast of a high reputation in world-class research.
- UK students can avail various fee benefits through attractive scholarships and grants to ease their financial burden while studying.
- Students can find part-time jobs to cover their monthly living expenses. Students in the UK are allowed to do part-time work for 20 hours weekly during the course tenure.
- The United Kingdom comprises of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. Each of these places offers a rich and unique lifestyle amidst beautiful landscapes and historical landmarks.
- The country is a melting pot of different cultures, languages and beliefs. One can experience a perfect blend of cosmopolitan city life and peaceful countryside living while studying in the UK.
- As mentioned above, the extended-stay back period itself is a great advantage for students choosing to study in the UK for they can explore a wide range of global job opportunities here.
We hope that the latest changes in the policy pertaining to the stay back period have come to you as glad tidings from the UK. Studying in the UK gives you the perfect opportunity to sharpen your skills and learn more to become a desired candidate for employers around the world.
To know more details about courses, fees, admission and visa, contact Abe Services, a leading overseas education consultancy with over 11 years of expertise and 3000+ successful student enrolments.